Friday, January 13, 2012

Wow! What a year!

You could not have told me a year and a half ago that my life would be where it is right now!

I have an amazing husband who works hard and shows his love for our family daily. I have been able to stay at home with Danika, which has always been my hope for when I became a mother. And I have been blessed with an amazing daughter who makes me smile a million times every day.

I know we always hear that God's timing is always right, but it is difficult to see sometimes when things are not going the way you planned for them to go. I am slowly seeing why it is that God has seen fit that we did not have a child before now. First of all, I am now able to stay home (besides teaching mother's day out and art lessons, which I enjoy). But the other things I have noticed is that I have become far more patient the older I have gotten. Because of the miscarriage, I also think I am a lot more appreciative of Danika. I am able to enjoy the little things, that I think before I would have just ignored or gotten annoyed by. I have also benefitted from seeing others raise their children. There are many things I have been taught by watching those around me.

A couple years ago, we were a family, but now we feel a lot more like we are a happy little team with lots of love to go around!

No comments:

Post a Comment